1. Add OIDC support to your app
OpenID Connect is a well-documented specification, and we recommend that you use the following resources to help you enable your app for OpenID Connect:
- The OpenID Connect specification: http://openid.net/connect/
- The Open ID Connect tutorial provided by Connect2ID: https://connect2id.com/learn/openid-connect
- OpenID Connect Playground (provided by our friends at Auth0), a sandbox that walks you through the technical details of the OpenID Connect auth flow: https://openidconnect.net
- Auth0’s Open ID Connect code samples: https://github.com/auth0
- Auth0’s OpenID clients: https://auth0.com/docs/protocols/oidc
- Libraries, products, and tools references on the OpenID site: https://openid.net/developers/libraries/
Have a Question?
Have a how-to question? Seeing a weird error? Ask us about it on StackOverflow.
Found a bug? Submit a support ticket.
Have a product idea or request? Share it with us in our Ideas Portal.
StackOverflow discussions about "openid-connect"
Asked Apr 16 2015
IdentityServer supports different OpenId Connect flows that are defined in the Flows enum and set for clients. There's also samples for each type of flow and many references to them in the docs...
Asked Sep 05 2014
In OpenID Connect an access token has an expiry time. For authorization code flow, this is typically short (eg 20 minutes) after which you use the refresh token to request a new access token.The...
Asked Nov 15 2015
There is a lot of information on the web about using JWT (Json Web Token) for authentication. But I still didn't find a clear explanation of what the flow should be when using JWT tokens for a...
Asked Jan 14 2015
For years I have used OpenID delegation to log in to Stack Overflow (among other sites) using my own URI as OpenID but having Google handle the authentication. I use the technique described in...
Asked Feb 08 2017
I'm trying to understand the proper way to do authentication in ASP.NET Core. I've looked at several Resource (Most of which are out dated). ...